»As a service provider to the public sector, we have a major social obligation. With the multitude of systems and services we support every day, we need our hands free. Internal processes must run reliably and provide uninterrupted support for our work. That's why we're pleased to have found an experienced partner in Softline who has our back in the SAM environment.« (Head of License Management)
As a progressive full-service provider for IT in the public sector, our customer has the highest requirements for the efficiency of its own IT operations and associated processes. It therefore places the management of the license inventory in the trusting hands of the Softline SAM experts, thereby saving valuable resources for his core business.
- 10 locations throughout Germany with 650 employees
- Support of 17,600 IT workplaces and approx. 5,000 servers
- Use of a custom developed interface for capturing and managing the license inventory based on a service management tool
- Search for a professional tool for Software Asset Management that reduces manual effort and provides valid data
- Consulting and identification of a tool that fits the company's broad list of technical requirements
- Conducting a proof of concept in the customer environment and providing access to the Softline demo version
- Implementation and connection of the SNOW License Manager and SNOW Optimizer for SAP
- Training of users during the transfer of operations
- Maintenance of the SAM tool as part of our managed service SAMmanaged
- Automated creation of license and compliance reports for the entire corporate group
- Ensuring compliance and reducing the burden on company resources
- Simplification of processes and information flows
- Universal use of the database for other IT-relevant processes such as change management, patch management, IT security, etc.
- In the future, a collaborative effort will be made to optimize the SAP systems